Students attend school in hybrid schedule

Oscar Calhoun

Students in Mrs. Remshak’s science class listen to her instructions for the day.

Students have been learning online for around a year by now, and are glad to have an option to move into hybrid learning. The hybrid plan allows students to come back into the building. Many teachers and students are thrilled to go back in because they would prefer to be in person instead of behind a screen. 

The teachers and staff at North have been working a lot to make the hybrid plan possible while following health and safety guidelines. When students and staff are in the building, everyone must keep their mask on at all times. There are also fewer people in the building, with only a fraction of students going back certain days of the week. 

“Everything is organized and well thought out, and it’s just nice to be back in a learning atmosphere,” said Angel Clark, the social work intern. 

Clark would like the students to take away knowledge, help the community, and be willing to apply these things toward their own futures for everyone’s benefit. She is glad to be back with the students and to be a part of helping with them. 

“I think it’s great! I want to see students. I want to interact, and I think it’s great to start off this way and transition to more in person. But until then, all we can do is just be safe and follow guidelines,” Clark said. 

Sophomore Gustavo Calhoun is a student that is participating in the back to school hybrid plan, and he is very excited to do so. He has missed being able to be in the atmosphere of learning and in the presence of friends. 

“I have no worries, and I have been looking forward to seeing friends. I like being in the school building,” Calhoun said.

Calhoun is glad for the opportunity of being able to return to the building.

“School will always be different because of this pandemic, but it’s ok as long as we make the most of it,” Calhoun said. 

Senior Robert Van Kast is another student that is attending the back to school hybrid plan, and he is excited to be spending the second half of his senior year in the building. As a senior, Robert is glad to be attending the hybrid plan because it helps him by getting back on the right track with school. 

I’m participating in the hybrid plan because it’s a better way for me to learn. At home, I have too many distractions and cannot focus as well,” Van Kast said.

This pandemic has affected many people’s mental health. With school, the hybrid plan is supposed to be a helping tool in case students have additional questions and to make them feel better about school. 

I have benefited in getting a job and making money. I’ve grown a lot and have been boosting my self-confidence,” Van Kast said.