Students advance to History Fair State Competition

Students have advanced to the next round in the statewide History Fair competition where two students, William Bauman and Shayla Hertzke, have advanced to Nationals.
Justin Schorn, Miranda Wilson, William Bauman, Nikitha Soney, Rachel Lozano, Grace Marino, Molly Rutkowski, Camryn Arroyo, and Shayla Hertzke advanced from the Sectional competition due to their hard work and dedication to their projects.
“I’m really excited to move on! It’s really cool to see all my hard work advance. I am super proud of my peers as well, since this year we have had the most students advance to State,” said junior Camryn Arroyo.
The students have worked on these projects from first thinking about them on a trip to the Chicago History Museum earlier in November.
“We have been working since November to get all the information for my project. Putting it together took a while too, but I am very happy with how it turned out,” said junior Grace Marino.
The projects ranged from doing a three sided poster board, documentary, live performance, or website. “My project was a documentary. I have never really done any work with film, so it was a fun challenge and learning experience,” Arroyo said.
At the State competition, students have opportunities to win scholarships that they can use when they are entering college. The scholarships can range in categories depending on the topic of projects being judged.
“I feel that it is helping me prepare for college, since the project is so independent,” Arroyo said.
As these students move on to the final competition, they are hoping they can show the judges how much work they have put in and hope it pays off.