CLC is a popular choice for students.

simply.

College of Lake County is one of the choices that seniors pick after graduating. If cost is a factor for people’s decision, CLC is a good opportunity. Also, if being close to home is a factor there are several campuses across Lake County.

Miguel Mireles a college recruiter for CLC, has been working for them for over eight years.

“[Students can] save up to $50,000 in tuition and fees by starting your bachelor’s degree at CLC,” Mireles said

CLC helps students stay in contact with their family while even being focused on their education during the week. For students like senior Joe Zalewski, being close to home was the biggest factor for him.

“CLC was a great choice for me because it was close to my home. I will be graduating early so CLC gives me an opportunity to get a head start on college before the next fall semester.” Zalewski said.

Anyone who is graduating early can apply for CLC for the spring semester that they are having.

“The admission application process is the same. [Also] be sure to consult with your high school counselor and CLC recruitment specialist,” Mireles said.

CLC gives students an opportunity to figure out what they are planning to do after graduating high school.

“Seventy one percent of all students that attend CLC are here to start their bachelor’s degree and transfer to a four year school. We have new guaranteed transfer admission partnerships with more than 19 college/universities,” Mireles said.

This means any North grad can attend the College of Lake County for two years and then transfer to a 4 year school of their choice. Doing this can save students a lot of money while they can still get a great education.

“CLC was a great option for me. I can take four night classes after I graduate early and then after the spring semester I will be transferring to a four year university, so CLC is giving me an opportunity to jump ahead of other students my age.” said senior Yasmin Salah.

CLC offers more than 200 programs of study leading to a degree or certificate. Small classes: Student to faculty ratio: 17 to 1.and classes taught by professors, not teaching assistants,” Mireles said. He also said that this makes CLC one of the best community colleges around because the classes they teach are taught by people that are passionate and the small class size helps give students the education that they deserve.

“I am getting two general educations out of the way then transferring to Illinois State,” said senior Joe Zalewski. He plans on attending College of Lake County and hope they help him transfer his credits