Justice Westfall-Website Editor Senior Goodbye

The past four years have passed by like minutes. I can honestly say from start to finish, I’ve changed a significant amount. First off, I used to be blonde and wear pink…yeah I’d say I’ve improved quite a bit, but I guess that’s what high school is, where you find who you really are.

Like every other student at our school, I’ve come across some hardships. Freshman year I was diagnosed with IBS, a stomach condition that ran my life. It would cause me to miss school, and it affected my grades and social life. Because of this, I became depressed and anxious about school.

This all changed when I joined the newspaper staff. I started writing more, not just for the class but for me, and it really brought me back. I have made so many friends including my journalism teacher Mrs. Smith. The memories I have made and the passion I’ve found for writing will last a lifetime.

So what do I have planned for the future? Well if you know me, you know I love the music scene. Whether it’s writing music reviews or performing my own tunes, I’m all for it. The truth is, I don’t know exactly what the future has in store for me. My plan isn’t crazy internships or working three jobs to get by; it’s just to be happy.

So, thank you, Grayslake North. Although it’s been hard at times, hey, it was high school.