The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Seniors say goodbye

Jocelynn Krause Gonzalez

I didn’t believe when they said that “high school would be done in the blink of an eye” until I actually got there.

For me, senior year was the highlight of my time in high school. I joined activities I’d never tried before, attended events I didn’t think were important in prior years, and made new enjoyable memories I will never forget. I stepped out of my comfort zone and joined journalism to see if it would be a new activity I could be passionate about. While in journalism, I learned that so much can be accomplished when working with others and that you get a new perspective on things when interviewing everyone.

Since I would write about events that happened throughout the school, I went to almost every single one including football games, the Green Room’s plays, and fairs that North hosted. From being at these events, I met and got closer to others. I made friendships that felt like they would last for a lifetime. I also accomplished so many things this year that I would have never dreamt of in prior years of high school.

I was fortunate enough to represent my school at state for journalism thanks to Mrs. Smith and her support with my designing and cartooning journey for the newspaper. I had some of my ceramic pieces featured in art fairs and I was able to develop new skills by learning the art of ceramics with special thanks to my wonderful teacher Mrs. Crowley. Because of her I fell back in love with art and being creative in general.

Though the school year is coming to an end and we seniors are leaving to start a new exciting chapter in our lives, most of us will never forget our high school experiences and the relationships we made along the way.