Student Council hosts a variety of Homecoming events

Lillien Salas

Members of Slam Funk performed before the Drive-In movie event for Homecoming.

This year’s Homecoming was unlike others. It still took place at GNHS, but there was no dance. Student Council and other groups planned several fun activities including live music from Slam Funk, a senior parade, and a drive-in movie. 

At the drive-in movie, they played “Grease,” and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Many students attended with their friends.

“Yeah, it was so cute. I liked bringing a lot of blankets, and setting it up in my car was fun. I liked the concession how they like came around,” said sophomore Angela Caliendo.

Before the movie started, Slam Funk performed several songs including “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse, “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder, “I’ll Be There” by the Jackson 5, “My Girl” by the Temptations, “Aint No Mountain High Enough” by Marvin Gaye & Tami Terrell  and “Forget You” by CeeLo Green, which Mrs. Tomlinson sang along with Slam Funk.

On Thursday night, the Student Council recognized the seniors with a parade and a bag full of treats. The treats even included a cafeteria cookie.

“ The best part was definitely the cookie because I hadn’t had one in awhile, and it reminded me of the school,” said senior Luke Lenning.

Homecoming Court:

Senior King: Benson Palamalayil

Senior Queen: Jayden Curtis

Junior Prince: Fin Hopkins

Junior Princess: Mallory Draper

Sophomore Duke: Evan McMahon

Sophomore Duchess: Angela Caliendo

Photos by Kevin Zowaski and Jack Larson

Freshman Lord: Kevin Meyer

Freshman Lady: Talia Suarez

Photos by Kevin Zowaski and Jack Larson

Slam Funk

Members of Slam Funk performed before the movie started at the Drive-In movie event for Homecoming. Activities director, Molly Tomlinson, also performed with the group.

Photos by Lillien Salas

Student Council hosted a Drive-In movie event for Homecoming weekend. Students were able to come for $20 a car to watch the movie “Grease.” Members of Student Council came around as concessions and offered snacks for sale.

Photos by Lillien Salas.