Annual art show moves online

Used with permission from Nick Broege.

Senior Nick Broege submitted this piece to the virtual art show online.

The visual arts team wanted to celebrate and commemorate all the students who put their time and effort in their artwork. Since school was canceled, they obviously couldn’t have a physical art show, but they still wanted to show the student artwork. 

“The way it works, students, alumni, staff and their families fill out a Google form, provide basic information and upload a photo of their artwork. I then place their work into a template created for the show, and upload to the GNHS Visual Arts Instagram page. Currently, more than 150 pieces have been submitted and uploaded to the show. We anticipate around 200 pieces by the end of next week, and we would be happy to have more! Follow us @gnhs_visual_art. The show can be followed at #aMUSEmentARTshow2020,” said Randy Sweitzer, the AP art teacher, National Art Honors co-sponsor, and Art Club co-sponsor, and the organizer of the Visual Art Show. 

The art show is not a competition; it is all for fun. It is designed to just showcase the artwork and celebrate everyone. There is still room for entries.  People just have to submit the art with the appropriate Google form. 

“We are looking at the art show as a place for our Knight Family to show off and share their skills and talents. We obviously want to see work from our art students, but you do not have to be in art classes to participate. We welcome any creative visual pursuits, from sidewalk chalk to pen and paper, to digital art – and everything in between. We are hoping to see our past, present, and future Knights at their creative best,” Sweitzer said.

Students were excited to have an outlet for their work.

“I worked super hard all year to get my work ready for muse and was very upset when school got canceled. Then a group of students and the art teachers got together and made the virtual art show to give students that last chance who worked so hard,” said senior Nick Broege.