Annual Homecoming parade, game showcases school pride

Total Image Photographics

Clubs and organizations participated in the golf cart parade between the JV and varsity football games.

The annual Homecoming parade and game was last Friday, Oct. 4.

The parade showed how creative each club and sport could really be as they showed pride in what they participate in at this school.

After the parade, immediately started the Homecoming game. The game ended in the school’s second win with a score of 43-12 against Round Lake High School.

The parade started off at 6:40 p.m. with the school’s mascot Nigel the Knight followed by staff members, clubs, and sports. It also included the 2009 alumni walking together again to show their school spirit.

This parade and game experience makes the air in the school feel lighter.

“It makes me feel closer to my school,” said freshman Kelly Eppel. 

The Homecoming game started off with a loud student section and a pass to Joe Swanson for the game’s first touchdown, followed by a complete field goal that got the crowd yelling on both student and parent sections. The result of the game and the total yards for North was 347 total yards, 180 passing yards, and 167 rushing yards. As the scoreboard countdown got to 0, groups of students in the student section rushed down onto the field to congratulate the team. The night ended in a very cold Homecoming win with very loud student and parent section.

The game ended with a win for North against Round Lake with a score of 43-12.