Seniors direct Student Showcase

This December, Grayslake North Green Room Theatre Company put on the Student Showcase. This Showcase gives the seniors of the theatre a chance to direct their own show.

Senior Keyshawn Wilson is the director of a show called “4 A.M.” by Jonathan Dorf.

“It’s different. It’s hard; it’s rewarding in a sense that you know you’re putting a lot of time and effort into something that you care about,” Wilson said.

This past Oct. 30, the auditions were held, and all the directors made their decisions on who they wanted in their shows. Since then, all of the actors, directors and crew members have been working on all of the shows that will be shown. There was a total of seven shows that were put on, and many actors and actress were involved.

“I like how it’s a show about a serious topic but at the same time it’s a comedy. We find a way to express it and make it comedic and show that no matter who you are, there is someone out there for you,” said sophomore Aidan Blashe.

Blashe is one of the actors in Wilson’s play. He plays a character named Frankie. The play “4 A.M.” covers topics such as depression and suicide but with a comedic aspect thrown in.

“My favorite part about being in the show is being able to play a hyperbolised character and just doing my best to act it out and having fun with it,” said senior Max Meredith.

Meredith is in a show called “Hedera University,” directed by Misha Rodell and plays a character named Chettt. The show is about high schoolers that go on an intense college visit that Misha Rodell wrote herself.

The Green Room Theatre Company puts on three productions each year, but the Student Showcase is a way where any senior can put their ideas and creativity into their show.