Homecoming Festival kicks off week of Homecoming activities

North’s Student Council held their first Homecoming festival,  to kick off a week of festivities.

The event was held on Sunday, September 16 from 11 to 4. It was complete with a dunk tank, bouncy obstacles, food trucks, live music and much more to entertain the community who came out in support of North.

Student Council member, junior Bryan Donaire, helped organize the festival.

“The Homecoming Festival was something new that Student Council wanted to try. The goal was to get the whole community involved in our Homecoming,” Donaire said.

The festival commenced the start of Homecoming week for students and staff. Other activities offered this week will include the powder puff game on Wednesday as well as the pep assembly on Friday. Friday night is the football game, which will include a golf cart parade between the freshman and varsity games.

The carnival was similar to the activities night that the school has held in the past during Homecoming week. This time around, Student Council tried to make it more family-friendly.

“I believe that we have much more potential for the Homecoming Festival in future years,” Donaire said.

The Homecoming dance will be held Saturday evening in the fieldhouse from 7:00 p.m.-10:00p.m. Students can find tickets being sold outside the cafeteria

“Homecoming is an exciting time at North, and I think everyone should try getting involved! It makes high school more exciting,” Donaire said.

Student Council member, junior Megen Eppel, was also at the festival.

“The Homecoming Festival was a fun way to start the week off. There were so many great activities. My favorite was the dunk tank,” said junior Megen Eppel.

The dunk tank held many teachers and staff. Slam Funk, the school’s singing group, performed for everyone who came out to the festival. Food trucks lined the parking lot for people, and therer were several games being played for everyone to join.

Junior Heather Berreles made it to the festival on Sunday.

“I think it was a great way to kick off Homecoming week. Homecoming is stressful sometimes due to the preparation while still trying to complete school work,” Berreles said.