Students, faculty gather for Welcome Back assembly

Students and faculty came together on Friday for a Welcome Back assembly. The event highlighted new faculty, games, and activity sponsors.

I wanted to set a positive and fun tone to the school year by providing music and a game for their entertainment,” activities director Molly Tomlinson said.

During the assembly, the new faculty was introduced to the entire school, including the new therapy dog. The school was able to learn who they were and what they taught.

Just like with the freshmen, my goal was for the new staff to feel a part of the Knight family too,” Tomlinson said.

The classes and staff were able to compete in a friendly competition with a game of “Flip the Bottle.” A group compiled from each class had to flip six water bottles in order to win.

I wanted to set a positive and fun tone to the school year by providing music and a game for their entertainment,” Tomlinson said.

All sponsors and coaches were honored as well. From sports to clubs, students were able to see what they could be involved in. North currently offers 58 clubs.

Coaches and sponsors work tirelessly behind the scenes to make our groups at North successful, therefore I wanted to give back to them with a quick recognition for all they do throughout the year.  I also thought it would be nice for the students to know which teachers really do go above and beyond outside of the classroom,” Tomlinson said.

Throughout the assembly, faculty and students learned about school spirit through learning about clubs and the #TheWholeKnight challenge.

“My main goal was to introduce this new idea of  #TheWholeKnight challenge that began last year amongst the faculty and staff.  This year, we would like to spread it to the student body,” Tomlinson said.