Students express creativity at Coffee House

Many talented students performed at the Coffee House in the Black Box on Friday, December 8. The coffee house was put on by the school’s literary club, led by English teachers Jamie Foate and Stephanie Church.

“My band and I performed in last year’s coffee house as well as this year. The energy that was brought into the Black Box this year, though, was absolutely insane. Everyone was so excited to be there and have a good time,” said junior Walker Wilson.

Out of many acts, Vivid Vision, a three person band, was the absolute show stopper. They performed many songs from an alternative rock era.

“It was so cool to see all of my friends perform their many amazing talents. Coffee House was truly a great end to the semester. The music, poets and spoken word pieces were astonishing,” said senior DJ Johnson.

Students were able to put on any type of performance they wished. The club invited anyone interested to show up and show out.

“My favorite performances had to be the band Vivid Vision and the boy who beat boxed. It was really interesting to see all the different noises and tunes that guy could make just from his mouth! I wish I was able to do that,” said senior Miranda Wilson.

Many students broke free of their comfort zones and gave amazing pieces to the audience. The literary club was very happy with the outcome.

“Being in the literary club is super cool on its own, but being able to put on a show like this is even more amazing. Personally I was not in the show this year, but I was really surprised and pleased with how many people performed. Some of the best performers were people who you’d never expect,” Johnson said.