Green Room showcases student directed plays

The Student Showcase turned out to be a huge success for the Green Room community.

The students performed many plays that were written by the cast themselves and performed in the Black Box Theater on November 30th and December 1st-2nd.

“This year’s shows were one of the best we have had, and I am so beyond proud to call the Green Room cast my family,” said sophomore Sam Krischak.

The topics of the plays were all different and had left people in tears and in laughter.

“I had so much fun directing these plays and seeing how much hard work all of the cast put into it,” said senior director Rhaya Montoya.

The students worked every day after school to write and practice their plays and even had tech week before the play until ten at night.

“Since this is my senior year, it was very important for me to put my all into this showcase and make myself proud,” said senior Shaye Hutson.

It is safe to say that the Student Showcase was a success and that the students did an amazing job putting it together.

“I was a little nervous at first because of a time delay that we had, but they really pulled this showcase off and did a great job,” said sponsor Clare McConville.

The next performance from the Green Room is the musical “Into the Woods” which debuts this coming spring.