Ping Pong Club attracts new members

The Ping Pong Club was started as a way for students and teachers alike to come together and have fun.
“[Jesse] Wolter started [Ping Pong Club]. It’s a great thing to do. I wanted to have a set time for people to have fun,” said ping pong coach Rob Caliendo.

Many students go to play ping pong each week, and some avid members go almost every single week on Wednesdays after school.

“I started coming because my friends did, and Caliendo said he could beat me. It seemed fun. Now I’m addicted to ping pong,” said junior Noah Adams.

The team has not played against other schools this year, but Caliendo is excited at the prospect of competing with other schools.

“I want to start a league of just our school, if I get a group that is competitive,” Caliendo said.

Ping pong has attracted students of all ages because of how fun it seems, bringing in new students every meeting.

“I joined ping pong because some of my friends were in it, and I thought it would be a fun way to hang out and meet new people,” said senior Nick Anello.

The members of the club enjoy playing ping pong for many different reasons.

“I love this club because a lot of people come to it. They come together. You gotta go on our Twitter, GNHS Table Tennis,” Caliendo said.

The members of the club want students to know that this club is inclusive of each and every student at Grayslake North.

“Something I want people to know [about Ping Pong club] is that it’s a really fun club and anyone can join,” Anello said.