New pass system decreases interruptions

Implemented at the start of the new 2017 school year, students no longer need to wait for their own early out passes to  to be delivered in order to leave the school due to the new system which allows students to retrieve passes for themselves, rather than wait for a pass runner to bring them.

“The students caught on very quickly; we only get about one student every few days confused about the new system,” said attendance secretary Christina DiStefano.

Announced over the intercoms during the first day of school, the new system aims to reduce classroom interruption by requiring all students needing an out-pass, or a pass to leave school,  to come to the attendance office and retrieve their own pass from the new passboard. in the attendance office.  The system seems to work well so far for both students and teachers. It allows classes to be more productive and students to be more independent in retrieving their passes.

“We cut down on about twenty to thirty classroom interruptions per day,” said dean’s secretary Evelyn Amelio.

In addition to cutting down on interruptions within the classroom, helping classes become more productive, students needing their pass get to retrieve it themselves rather than wait on a potentially late pass runner to deliver it. This proves not only beneficial for the students who are getting a pass to leave school but also helps reduce the pass runner’s workload, which can be overwhelming for some.

“I like it; I think it’s a very easy system, and I do not find it confusing despite what it may seem.  I am able to get out of classes much more efficiently. I no longer have to wait to the point of being late for pass runners to try to get to me in time. So far, I’m really enjoying it, and I hope we continue it in following years,” said senior Charlie Siebert.

The new system was inspired by the Lakes Community High School pass system, as they implemented a similar system many years prior to the implementation in the district.