Students perform at Coffee House

Pen and Paper presented Coffee House on April 28 in the Black Box theatre. Students had the opportunity to share their art and talents.
“[Coffee House] encourages all people to get excited about the arts and want to share their talents,” said sophomore Ari McFaul.
Coffee House allows students involved in the arts to spread their message and allow people to find interest in the arts if they were not interested previously.
“I feel like Coffee House is important because it is a chance for everyone to showcase their creativity and celebrate all the talent in our school. It’s especially important in society today where the arts do not get the recognition they deserve,” said senior Bridget Donnellan.
Coffee House allows people to express themselves in a way they often have not before and creates a moving experience for everyone involved.
“Coffee House gives creative people a place to be recognized and supported. The people that come to watch the performances and view the art are incredibly supportive, and everybody is a little nervous; it creates an awesome atmosphere of energy and admiration. I love seeing how Pen and Paper students express themselves through the event, and they work so hard to provide a meaningful place for creative students to gather,” said English teacher Stephanie Church.