Fine arts hosts third annual Muse

The fine arts students are preparing to host the third annual Muse on April 19 to showcase what they’ve been working on all year.
At the event, students run different activities to get visitors involved with the art. Some of these are face painting, creating pottery on the wheel and long exposure light photography, which is new to the event this year.
“Our biggest goal for Muse this year is to introduce a couple of new activities such as drawing with light. That is something that will be a little more challenging to put together, but we’re hoping everyone will have a good time and create something beautiful and unique,” said the president of Art Club, Sarahi Ledesma.
While the various groups of fine arts students show off their work throughout the year, Muse gives them the opportunity to work together in order to create an event for people to enjoy.
“It is meant to be a celebration of all the fine and performing arts, so we join together with the music program and students, theatre students, band students, and visual arts students to provide this immersive experience,” said the sponsor of Art Club, Kelly Bott.
Muse is not just for Grayslake North staff and students; it’s for anyone in the community who wants to check out some art, or even play a role in creating it.
“My favorite thing about Muse is probably getting to see all these younger kids come in and express their creativity through the activities. I always love seeing young minds work through art,” said senior Lauren Mateling.