Singing Valentines

Singing+Valentines

“On Valentine’s Day, a small group from Tri-M will perform a song for the chosen student in one of their classes,” said Tri-M representative Paul Nielsen.
Tri-M members go classroom to classroom singing songs to selected students.
“I always love watching people receive singing Valentines because it is really funny,” said sophomore Nikki Boxer.
Singing Valentines occur all day and can happen during any period of the school day.
“Last year, we had to deliver so many singing Valentines and had to run around the whole school going to different classrooms,” said Tri-M member Ashley Alvarez.
Any student can sign up to send their fellow classmates a singing Valentine.
“A student can fill out a card to send it to a fellow student. The card lets us know what song to sing and what student it gets sent to,” Nielsen said.
In the past, singing Valentines have been super successful for the members of Tri-M.
“Each year, we deliver more and more Valentines. Last year we delivered over 375,” Nielsen said.
“I can tell students really enjoy the singing Valentines because everyone is always laughing and having a good time when we come in and perform a song,” Alvarez said.
The singing Valentines have been a great way to spread happiness throughout the day.
“The singing Valentines makes this day one of my favorite days of the school year because I can tell it makes everyone really happy,” Boxer said.
Thanks to Tri-M, students get to have a fun filled day on Valentine’s Day while still being able to raise money.