Psychology Club prepares for No Stress Fest

Psychology Club is preparing to host its third No Stress Fest that will be taking place from December 5-9 in room C105 during the lunch hours.

“We work on the ideals of positive psychology. That is spreading joy and smiles through the help of psychology,” said one of the club’s senior officers Joel Thomas.

Each day has a different activity aimed at making sure students have a healthy way to relieve their stress. Some of these activities are arts and crafts, spending time playing with a therapy dog, and playing board and video games.

“We usually poll students on what events they want to see during No Stress Fest. It’s important that we’re able make it fun for everyone who comes,” said another one of the club’s senior officers Sarahi Ledesma.

Members of the club start working on the events in early September, before many students have even started to think about finals, in order to ensure that the week runs as smoothly as possible.

“We break into committees and each committee is responsible for something related to the week. Whether it is gathering materials, getting donations, or making posters to promote the event, it truly is a team effort,” said one of the club’s sponsors Catherine Dodd.

The members of the club work hard to make sure that everything goes according to plan, but they also make sure they will be able to handle a few bumps in the road.

“We have learned that going with the flow and just doing our best to anticipate some snags is helpful in planning and executing a successful week of activities,” Dodd said.

Members of the club look forward to seeing all of their hard work pay off when students are able to take part in the week’s activities.

“My favorite part is when everything we have been working on for months comes together to make a beautiful stress relief event that people enjoy,” Thomas said.

Through No Stress Fest, the club is able to offer fun and relaxation to anyone who chooses to participate.

“This whole week is dedicated to the students of Grayslake North and giving them opportunities to take a breather from a stressful schedule before finals. We believe that No Stress Fest is a beneficial event that emphasizes fun, healthy balance, and a way for students to practice the art of relaxing even in stressful situations,” Dodd said.