Chibi Japan Fighting Chance

Chibi Japan is dedicated to those who found an interest in “Anime ” a name given to Japanese cartoons.

Cynthia Karabush, the sponsor for the club, runs it every Tuesday in A135i right after school and meets a variety of new students.

“It’s a very diverse group of kids, in every way, I love them because they are all unique, and that’s what I think is cool about them,” Karabush said.

The whole reason Chibi Japan was started was because of a former worker in the library going by the name of Mrs. DeFiore.

“ When the students were first coming to school some of them would ask why isn’t there an anime club and Mrs.DeFiore would take down the kids who wanted the club and that’s how it came to be,” Karabush said.

The club actually does a lot for the school, and it benefits the student body as a whole.

“The club does fundraisers for the school. They participate in the Homecoming parade, and they help out with activity night,”  Karabush said.

The club also benefits the students by helping them grow and get to know each other more and help school spirit.

“Not just with this club but with any club overall, helps the students boost school spirit, but it also helps students find other people who share the same interest and help them grow together,” Karabush said.

Chibi Japan is a unique club for people to share their interest for anime, and many people are still going to this club outside of school for the fun of it.