Literary Magazine works hard to improve writing skills

After a year of success, Literary Magazine strives for improvement on various new themes of writing as well as incorporating new talent of students in school during the Coffee House.

Literary Magazine has been quite successful after they sponsored Coffee House through the help of  talented students around the entire school. Coffee House offered students to present their piece of literature in an audience, just like a slam poetry.

“It was very successful! Like I said before, we filled the whole black box and had so many different performers! It was such a fun night!” said the leader of Literary Magazine, Bridget Donnellan

Jamie Foate and Stephanie Church are the sponsors of the club. They have been trying to make the club successful for years, and finally they have achieved their goals. The club is running like a creative writing class.

“We meet Wednesdays after school. Mrs. Foate and I usually plan a writing lesson based on a theme and students have time to write, share and/or revise their work” Church said.

The club is trying to promote different skills and creative writing that students do not get to practice in school that much.

“We write creative stories. We practice writing skills, artistic genres, and presentation skills,” said senior, Victoria Hernandez.

The club has no specific roles for the member they have to play. The members are in the club to have fun and learn to write different styles of writing.

“Well, there aren’t really solid “roles” to speak of necessarily. No one has a specific title of President of Literary Magazine or anything, however, I did attend a leadership conference for Pen and Paper at the beginning of the school year, so I guess I’m a leader in a way, but really I’m just here to help the club as much as I can and have fun with writing” Donnellan said.

The club is going strong and will achieve great things in the upcoming future.
“I hope that we’re able to just keep it growing and keep the new ideas and improvements coming in!” Donnellan said .

Literary Magazine has been quite successful after they sponsored Coffee House through the help of  talented students around the entire school. Coffee House offered students to present their

piece of literature in an audience, just like a slam poetry.

“It was very successful! Like I said before, we filled the whole black box and had so many different performers! It was such a fun night!” said the leader of Literary Magazine, Bridget

Donnellan