Student creates video game at summer camp

A senior created a video game app that is available in the Apple app store.
Senior Brandon Moore created the video game shortly after attending a game programming course at Lake Forest Tech Campus.
Moore said that the camp had interested him because he liked computer coding as well as programming.
“I wanted to attend the camp because I was interested in computer coding and computer programming,” Moore said.
The video game is about space invaders being captured by the enemy ship. Brandon made the game alongside Mr. Wachowski, who was his mentor.
Moore became interested in game design at an early age.
“I was interested in game design around the age of 7,” Moore said.
He stumbled upon a game design/programming class at the Lake Forest Tech Campus and wanted to start learning about a career he wanted to pursue.
“I found out about the campus and the class through my mom’s friend who attended the course,” Moore said.
The campus located in Lake Forest, had the course Brandon was looking for: Game Design through the gaming software Unity.
The camp’s main purpose was to reinvent the word “camp”, and help people in fields of coding and game design. Each class has around eight students per instructor who want to get a headstart on their dream job and to get an advantage when applying for college.
“It was established to help kids in different fields achieve their goals to get better within each division,” Moore said.
The length is one to two weeks long.
It is an overnight camp, so students can receive a full experience .
He made the game through a programming software called Unity, which helped him finish his goal of making his own video game.