FBLA places at State Competition

hree students placed at the State Future Business Leaders of America Conference, and one student advanced to Nationals.
“From North, three people placed and Ben [Tompoles] advanced to [the] national [competition],” said junior Grant Nickolson.
The conference was held in Springfield, Illinois, from March 31 to April 2. Seven FBLA members from North went accompanied by one chaperone, Tony Bussone.
“Grayslake Central also went. They had over 30 members attend and three chaperones,” said sponsor Tony Bussone.
The tests they took determine where they place at State and who gets to continue on to the national competition. Each student took multiple tests about many different subjects that had to do with business.
“They competed in events such as Economics, Business Law, Computer Problem Solving, and Accounting. Some members competed in performance events. They all attended speakers, workshops, and observed competitions including performance events. Awards were given to members who placed in the top ten in performance events and the online test events,” Bussone said.
The students may have struggled with the tests, but they still competed and did all they could in order to try and place in the competition.
“I participated in the accounting test, [but] I felt I didn’t know enough about [it],” Nickolson said.
FBLA has been a program in the school for a few years now, and they provide opportunities to compete and meet new people.
“Grayslake North’s chapter of FBLA was established about five years ago. It provides the opportunity for members to compete in various business related competitions with other members from around the state and nation,” Bussone said.