NHS inducts new members

On April 26, students were inducted and six officers were elected at the NHS inductions ceremony.

“We choose students to be inducted based on their GPA in involvement at the school. The application process itself is pretty painstaking and involves verifying volunteer hours so we can make sure we’re getting well rounded students,” said NHS officer Ashley Rayan.

For some students, this is their last year in NHS. Lina Vargas shares what changes she hopes the new officers will make next year.

“I hope the new officers will give endless volunteer opportunities while including new ones so that each NHS member can strive and even find their passion within service. I strongly believe they will uphold the values of NHS and try to make the next chapter as fulfilling as possible,” Vargas said.

Each year, officers plan to improve on the previous year.

“As next year’s officers we want to make a lot of important changes. We are looking into adding more volunteer opportunities at places that correlate with future professions, like if you want to be a nurse or a doctor, maybe you can volunteer at a hospital or a nursing home. We want people to get something out of their time in NHS other than just having something to put on a college application. We also want to streamline the process of logging hours, since I know that takes a while,” Ryan said.