Students prepare for Homecoming

This year’s Homecoming theme will be The Oscars and will include many of the popular events: color days, game nights, and Powder Puff.
”Last year was the first year that we have done Activity Night. There was about three hundred students that showed up which was pretty cool,” said co-sponsor Rob Nicoletti.
There are a lot of people who come together to make Homecoming a success.
“There’s quite a bit of time that Mrs. Anderson and I put in. This all starts in the Spring. We try to do as much as we can before the school year ends for the next Homecoming,” Nicoletti said.
Sponsors Rob Nicoletti and Rose Anderson are not the only people who plan Homecoming. Student Council also helps out.
“Homecoming is definitely the biggest event Student Council does all year. We actually started planning this Homecoming last year. We have several meetings to even think about themes and activity night,” said junior Stephanie Johnson.
Not only is going to Homecoming exciting and fun, but planning it can be exciting also.
“The best part about planning Homecoming is probably meeting with Boom Entertainment because the guys that work with us are probably the coolest people you’ll meet and they really care about our opinions. They look out for our best interests,” Johnson said.
Activity Night is also a big part of Homecoming. A lot of students look forward to this night because they spend time with friends and just have fun.
“This year is going to be even better because there’s going to be so many games. It’s on Tuesday, September 29, from 7pm to 9pm on the football field,” Nicoletti said.