Boys soccer looks to repeat successes from past seasons

With the record of 1-6, the boys soccer program is starting this fall season and have been giving it their best at each and every game that they had. Freshman, sophomore, JV, and varsity teams have been working extremely hard, and they have been working on new skills and have been practicing every day after school.

“So far practices have gone well. The boys work hard and want to improve every day,” said coach Adam DeCaluwe.
Each team in the soccer program has team goals made for this season. The varsity team has been prepared since their practices started.

“[Our goals are to] overall win games, make sure we get at least three points on the board, and give it our best at every single game,” said sophomore and varsity soccer player Joshua Suciu.

The varsity soccer team has succeeded in one of their games vs. Richmond Burton, with a score of 6-1. Goalie Joshua Suciu carried the team with four saves that night.

In addition to winning the game, the team goals have been achieved. The soccer program is willing to step up their game at each game that is coming up.

“My team goals are to have a season full of wins and achievements,” said sophomore soccer player Alberto Martinez.

The sophomore team has dedicated their free time to having practice and to give it all they have at each and every game.

“The rush of emotions that occur when I control the ball is what I like more about soccer,” Martinez said.