Color Run

Students were covered in all colors of the rainbow at the GNHS Color Run. Over 190 people ran in the run on April 25th to help support the music program here at north.

“There were so many people there I ended up running with a bunch of people I didn’t even know. I made some new friends, and finished a race,” said freshman Brianna Kramer.

The total donations of $6400 raised was from fundraisers that the GNHS Booster Club did and the Color Run itself.

“[We raised] $2400 from individual student fundraising and $4000 from the GNHS Music Boosters,” Bertermann said.

The funds raised will help improve the Music experience here at North.

“The Music Boosters will use the money to purchase large ticket items such as a “Band Barn” for storage, or a Travel-Trailer for the Marching Knights as well as instruments and clinician fees.” Said Bertermann.

The band kids participated in a fundraiser that rewarded them with little prizes after a certain amount.

“I got a pair of these super cool wiper sunglasses, and a weird wig that ended up covered in color,” said freshman band member Caiden Silverberg.

“There were a lot of band kids who ran in it, so you’re bound to end up running with them,” Kramer said.

Not only students at GNHS ran the 5k race. Little siblings, members of rival schools, grandparents, parents, even dogs ran in the event.

“This was an all age community event.  Anyone can attend and we encouraged members of the community and surrounding communities to participate. It is open to anyone that wants to run, walk or dance their way through a 5K,” Science and CTE department chair, and one of many coordinators of the race, Laura Bertermann said.

The run is not just for people who run all the time or who are on the school track team.

“I don’t normally run on a daily basis, but the run was so fun,” Silverberg said.

Many people are looking forward to the upcoming years of participating in the GNHS Color Run.

“I can’t wait for next year’s race! I just hope they have a clock or timers for the next race,” Kramer said. “I like to try to beat a PR every time I race, to help improve my time.”