Band performs in New York City

This November, the band will take their music to the next level as they travel to New York where they will perform at the ninety-fifth annual New York City Veterans Day Parade.
The Marching Knights were one of 10 bands selected to participate in the performance and are also participating in a performance with close to a thousand other high school musicians called the Band of Pride Tribute.
“This trip offers so many exciting opportunities for the students in the band program here. I am hoping each student is able to have many memorable musical moments,” said band director Candace Edstrand.
The students will rehearse with a Broadway conductor in a performance clinic as well.
In order to prepare for this trip, the students are adding more songs to their repertoire. They are also practicing their parade march down Times Square.
“We’re all excited for the trip. We just keep that in the back of our minds while practicing and preparing,” said sophomore band student AJ Amadio.
The students will also have many sightseeing opportunities in New York. They will be able to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island along with many other sights the city is known for.
The band students will leave on Nov. 7, and are returning Nov. 12. They will be staying at a festival hotel in New Jersey along with many other band students from all over the country.