The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Students win awards at State

The spring season was very successful for students participating in Regionals, Sectionals, and State.

“State is obviously very competitive because it is for the entire state of Illinois,” said Science Olympiad sponsor Megan Sylverne.

In the Science Olympiad competition, Natalie Krebs placed first in State for Geological Mapping. For the Math Team competition, Aidan Kim and Chris George won awards at State. FBLA competed, and Rachel Garich won first place for econ; Jayashri Madan won fourth place for graphic design; and Hannah Matulonis won first in health care adminisitration. All three FBLA members qualified for Nationals over the summer. Lastly, at Journalism State, Jocelynn Krause Gonzalez placed second for editorial cartooning and fifth for infographics.

”I’m super proud of how Jocelynn placed at State, and I’m proud of all the journalism students that placed at Sectionals,” said journalism teacher Brenda Smith.

These students worked very hard to master their skills and be able to qualify for State. They also showed exemplary efforts to be able to win awards, and for the FBLA members, advance to Nationals. This group of students consists of mostly seniors, and they have proved to all students to not give up on any club or activity. They have shown that their dedication to their clubs/classes has proved to be highly rewarding. Please wish these students a big congratulations as the school year winds to an end.