The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Boys basketball prepares for postseason

Total Image Photographics

The boys basketball season is coming to an end; they have been working hard to build on this season and prepare for the next.

“It’s been a developmental year for us. We’ve really been up and down. We’ve had some good moments, and we’ve had some struggles. But right now we’re just focusing on getting better each day.

We made a commitment to improving our defense, and that’s really come through in the last couple of weeks. So we’re proud of that,” said varsity coach Josh Feinzimer.

Although the season hasn’t gone how the players and coaches would have liked, the team has made many memories that will last a lifetime.

“Earlier in the year, we went against my former school, Grant. We went to their place and we played them. It was a decent game. Although we didn’t win, it was still fun,” said senior point guard Jose Munoz.

Other players remember different things from the season.

“Going down to Maine East for the holiday tournament and just getting a good win, bonding with my teammates and almost getting some good wins was fun,” said junior point guard Jayden Hunt.
The team is very young and is improving in each game they play. Being part of the basketball team doesn’t just teach someone how to become a better player. With such incredible coaches, they teach you life lessons.

“Basketball isnt just fun, it is a great bonding sport. Meet new people, and throughout the season you become a better person,” Munoz said.