The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Girls basketball season comes to a close

Total Image Photographics

As the girls basketball regular season comes to a close with a record of 7-22, the team is doing whatever they can to get prepared for the postseason.

Although the team got off to a rough start, they have been improving throughout the season.

“The season started off a little rough. We started out 1-15, but in our last nine games we played, we went 4-5. We’re a really young team that’s gotten a lot better. So, overall, I think it’s been a good season. We’ve learned a lot and are going to build on going forward in the future,” said coach Brian Frericks.

Even though the season was rough, team goals were still able to be accomplished for the basketball season.

”Our goals were to have a low amount of turnovers and be a supportive team. None of our goals were about our wins and losses, so I’d say we accomplished our goals,” said senior Jada Kemp.

The team played physical throughout the whole season, such as Jada Kemp taking a lot of charges. The team was very happy to beat Lakes High School on their senior night.

“Highlights for me were taking charges for the team and all the friendships I made. My favorite moment was scoring the first point in our game against Central,” Kemp said.

As the basketball season reaches the end with only five games left, they have been getting prepared for the postseason.