The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Boys bowling finishes season strong

As the season came to a close for boys bowling, the team ended playing really well and had their best season of the past three years.

The team’s overall goals for this year were to qualify for Sectionals and compete for State, but unfortunately the team fell short. But overall, they still didn’t have a disappointing season with the varsity team almost bowling a 3,600 series as a team against Grayslake Central.

“The highlights from this season were definitely playing in tournaments, especially one earlier at Stardust Bowl, and just the amount of energy that we were able to bring to the tournaments was amazing,” said team captain senior Lucas Adams. “Any time we face teams like Lake Zurich with a lot of energy, we always have a good time and in turn bowl better.”

Even though the team fell short of their goals, they still had an overall fun season.

“We overall had a lot of fun, and we all bowled very well,” said sophomore bowler Dom Ordonez. “I will one hundred percent be playing next year because bowling is an amazing, fun sport.”

“Probably my best memory of playing was when I bowled a 300 during the last season and stringing together 22 strikes in a row across three games during that time,” Adams said. “Even though it was in practice, the atmosphere of the bowling alley was electric when I rolled the last ball and it struck.”