The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Dance team prepares for competition season

Total Image

The dance team has recently been preparing for the IHSA dance competition coming up. The team has performed and placed a few times since the season has started. They’ve placed either 4th or 5th for the competitions they have participated in so far. The dance team has now become one large group instead of having a varsity and JV team. As of now, the team is practicing for future competitions.

“It’s the IHSA dance competition. We compete against other schools in our division like 2A. It’s based on how big your school is. There’s a lot of teams in the 2A division,” Teegan McHugh said. 

Overall the team has been steady with their performances and the quality of their dances.

We’re doing pretty good for the most part,” said freshman Emma Pickett.

Compared to last year, the team has changed now that they blended the teams into one larger one.

“I think we’re off to a better start than we were last year. Our scores are similar, but they’re going up faster than last year,” McHugh said

The dance team is a community that sticks together and does team bonding.

“It’s also really fun during the competition season. Every time we sign up to do goodie bags, everyone gets like goody bags. It’s really fun,” said sophomore Skylar Mattson.

“You make more friends in dance. Everyone accepts and everyone’s just friends with everything,” Mattson said.

Dance is available for new members. If you are interested contact Cassie Mackey Or Sarah Georgia. 

“People should join dance because personally I thought dance was really fun and I wanted to get involved with the school,” sophomore Izzy Alshouse said.