The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

Girls basketball season starts strong

Edgar Alanis
Senior Jada Kemp is shooting her free throw.

The girls basketball season just started, and the girls have high hopes for the new season and expect it to be a fun one. 

The girls basketball team played against Crystal Lake South and defeated them 39-23.  They won’t forget the day they won their first game of the season; it looked amazing and got them ready for the start of the season. 

“I mean, it’s got to be when we play like the South. We beat them. It’s always good to beat the school that I went to. So, it’s always a fun time at home. So, it was a good time,” Coach Frericks said.

They are looking forward to playing more games this season because they are just getting started.  

The wins are also just getting started. The team is known to be capable of more wins going forward in the season because they are capable of doing that.  

“(I am looking forward) to conference games, the ones that we haven’t played yet,” said sophomore Lucy Roscoe.

For the girls, they are always looking forward to playing their conference rivals. It’s always good competition and fun to play against rivals. 

“I think it’s always exciting when we play anybody in our conference. When we play Central or Lakes, I especially feel like those are kind of our two biggest rivalries at our school,” Frericks said.