The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

D127 announces spring trip to Spain, France in 2025

During spring break of 2025, students and staff get the opportunity to go on a trip to Spain and France and explore what the world has to offer outside of the U.S. D127 has worked with multiple travel companies to give them this opportunity next spring.

“We are thrilled to offer a Europe trip after many years of canceled trips due to Covid,” said trip organizer Jennifer Welty. “We wanted to provide an opportunity to all language students to visit a country where the language they are learning is spoken.”

With D127 planning the whole trip, it means that staff, students, and teachers from Central and North can go on the trip.

“We can take up to 36 students from both Central and North,” Welty said. “I will also be the point person for the trip.”

The trip’s main focus is to explore the past of Spain and France while trying famous dishes from the two countries as well.

“We will be visiting all the most popular monuments and museums, tasting food in France and Spain,” Welty said. “We will also be shopping, traveling the country by train, plane and bus, and speaking the languages of both countries.”

The main focus of the trip for students is to not only have a good time away from school and their home country, but also to use their language skills to communicate with locals and others in Spain and France.

“I can’t wait to see the students experience two other countries and cultures and use their language skills to communicate!” Welty said.