The student news site of Grayslake North High School

Knights Media

Knights Media

Knights Media

‘The Cover of Life’ debuts this fall

The upcoming fall play is “The Cover of Life.” This drama focuses on three women who married three brothers from different military branches during WWII, delivering a dramatic story that focuses on female strength and the journey to self-discovery.
“Throughout the summer, the tech director and I talked about lighting, design, and sound. As a result, preparations for the show have been underway for several months, highlighting the level of dedication,” said director Clare McConville. “There are very strong women who are highly focused in this play, and they need to find who they are and be who they truly are, like strong female empowerment. It’s a drama with a very shocking twist at the end.”
The lead characters are Tood Cliffert, played by junior Siena Pietraszak, and Kate Miller, played by senior Rory Dwyer.
“I think you should expect a really amazing show. The actresses and the actors who are in the show have been working really really hard to create the scenes and to tell this really amazing story,” McConville said.
She said that they rent costumes for the play from a company called Chicago Broadway Costumes. They provide the rental firm with their dimensions, the historical period, and the elements of the narrative, and the rental company then provides appropriate outfits. This low-cost strategy aids in the creation of a varied costume for the actors without the need for considerable in-house development.
“I love working with the students to create this story. I mean, it’s really a group, collaborative, and an ensemble type of work that we do. They bring the feel about the characters true,” McConville said.