North offers clubs for all interests

North offers many, many clubs of all sorts.

“We have competitive clubs. We have social clubs. We have multicultural clubs, and we have clubs of the arts,” said activities director Keeley Naughton. “I love that we offer so many different clubs at Grayslake North, no matter what your interest is.”

It’s true. Grayslake North has a plethora of choices to fit everyone, and if there isn’t a club to match one’s interests, they make one.

There are multicultural clubs, social clubs, competitive clubs and clubs of the arts. Many are a community that are almost completely student-led.

Art Club is one of the many clubs at North. It is primarily student-led. Students are allowed to work on anything they want to or need to, and if they can’t think of anything they want to work on, they always have the option to follow along with one of the activities set up by the president.

“It’s such a warm and welcoming environment,” said senior Mikala Rieber, president of the Art Club and the National Art Honors Society. “It makes it feel like a family.”

Students are guaranteed to be welcome in any club no matter what they like. Even if the club a student wants to join isn’t running yet, a new club can be formed.

“Every student has the opportunity to (start a club),” Naughton said.

To start a club, all that’s needed is ten students interested in the club and a sponsor. After that, Mrs.Naughton will help start it.

SAGA (Sexuality and Gender Alliance) is a club in the social club category where students gather to support one another and have fun.

“It’s a really relaxing club,” said sophomore Malia Nells, a member of SAGA. “It’s a really good stress reliever just being around people as goofy as you are.”

Consider looking for more fun activities and join a club.