Students take the SAT this Spring

Students go to their classrooms to take the SAT.

Brenda Smith

Last week, the juniors took the real SAT test here at school on April 13.

The test is a key test that juniors all over the nation take every year, and which they have been preparing for the majority of the school year whether at school or outside of school.

“The SAT felt less intimidating than the PSAT because of the amount of practice that we have done. I believe that everything was easier on the SAT than on the PSAT, and I would take this test more seriously to get a good score the first time,” said junior Christopher Palacio.

Although many students felt the test was challenging and intimidating; however, throughout the
the time that was given to students to prepare for the test, especially during practice opportunities like the PSAT, they were able to develop strategies for the real exam to improve.

“I took the PSATs and the preparation course; however, the course didn’t help overwhelmingly although it did not hurt. If you don’t know a question, skip it and come back to it later. Also learning how to make educated guesses were some things I used during the test,” said junior Christopher O’Neil.

The juniors were asked to give advice to sophomores who will be taking the SAT next year about some key takeaways they had or some advice they would give to students who will be taking the exam in the future.

“Study when you can, work on your skills that are weak, and remember to have fun while doing it,” Palacios said.

“Be confident in your ability to take a test and make sure you’re using your time wisely,” O’Neil said.