Serve it, spin it: Table Tennis Club serves the fun

Kevin Ball

Table Tennis Club meets on Wednesdays after school.

Table Tennis Club is an opportunity for students to come together and enjoy themselves. The club meets every other week after school on Wednesdays, and it is a time to simply let loose and have fun with friends and fellow Knights.

“My favorite part of the club is watching the students simply enjoying themselves,” said table tennis sponsor Kevin Ball. “Regardless of what kind of days they had, they came to relax and shed their worries for some time.”

Table tennis is open to everyone, and any student is encouraged to participate regardless of skill level. The variety of players and the many different ways to enjoy the game make table tennis a very unique experience.

“The Table Tennis Club is fun, social, competitive and/or recreational,” said table tennis sponsor Patrick O’Connell. “Players do not need to have any previous experience, so we get a wide range of skills. That is the beauty of the club. Some students are there to socialize with their friends or even teachers over a friendly game of singles or doubles ping pong while other students come to improve their game and challenge other members to matches for bragging rights.”

Both sponsors encourage students to try out for the club to see how they would

enjoy it. Table Tennis Club is a niche activity for many students, and it serves as a fun outlet for those who do not enjoy other clubs or activities here at North.

“Every student should try table tennis,” Ball said. “It’s a game they can play for the rest of their lives so developing a liking for it and some skills is worth it. And, I can promise that if Mr. Caliendo is there, they will at least be able to beat one person in a match.”