The Breakfast Club: Movie Review

The Breakfast Club: Movie Review

The Breakfast Club is simply a story about students in detention, but unlike many high school blockbusters, this plot doesn’t follow the stereotypical high school drama.  Sure it has characters such as a jock and a nerd, but what The Breakfast Club has that other stories lack is the ability for the audience to relate to it.  The movie begins with the five students entering a Saturday detention, which is being supervised by a mean teacher.  Throughout the detention, the audience learns what the students are truly like as they fight, talk, and even participate in illegal activities! When it’s all said and done, we realize these characters aren’t just “trouble making” teenagers; they’re real individuals and even if you’re not the jock, or the burnout, or any of the characters, you can relate to each and every one.  That’s exactly why The Breakfast Club is a masterpiece.  It makes you feel sad, happy, angry, and excited in just one Saturday detention.  It’s amazing how you can feel so connected to characters after an hour and half of film, but this movie is able to achieve just that.  The Breakfast Club tells a story that depicts people and events that can, scratch that, that DO happen in real life.  Perfect.  5 out of 5.