Green Room performs spring musical

Ever since the start of the school year, students and staff have put their time and effort into a musical for people to watch this spring. The musical features the popular cartoon show “Charlie Brown” and adds references from the original show and other new events. The cast and crew have spent all of their time on this show for people at the high school to enjoy.

“I prepared myself by singing in the practice rooms whenever I had free time as I had nothing better to do. So I’d just used that time to practice and get my songs down,” “cast member Jayvin Coleman said. “Then I would start to get my lines down at rehearsal as memorizing lines was easier than I remember, so repetition was key for me.”

During these past months, students and staff sacrificed their free time after school to practice and rehearse.

“A lot of time was put into the musical. For me, it was less than the actors because I am a crew member, but every Tuesday I was there from 3:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.,” said crew member Grace Merki. “Every Saturday I was there from 12:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. And then we had tech week which was a little over a week and stayed after school until 9:00 at night.”

After preparing for the last couple months, the crew and cast put everything they had practiced for on stage. This could lead to some pressure for the cast and crew after preparing something for so long. But, most performers have a way of keeping their composure during a live show.

“It actually wasn’t as nerve racking as I thought it would be, but at times where I am alone on stage, it does get a bit shaky as I have no one to rely on but myself. But otherwise I have the people around me who keep me calm and collected when I have to do something on stage,” Coleman said. “I also have as much fun as I can in order to forget about the pressure of the audience around me.”

For some actors and crew, being in front of a crowd is easy for them because they’ve had experiences in the past.

“For me, it’s not nerve racking to perform on stage because I have been doing theater and being in performances since I was in sixth grade, ‘’ said crew member Brody Moormeier. “It does make a difference when you’re performing on stage with an audience and without.”

With the help from both the cast members and crew, the show went smoothly and successfully. These students have worked hard and gave it their all during the show.