GNHS announces Prom 2022

North’s Prom is on the way. Students are getting ready for the big event. The Prom is going to be on May 7.

Prom this year will be at the Lincolnshire Marriott. The theme is midnight masquerade with purple, black, and gold as the main accent colors. There will be a buffet dinner including a pasta bar, sauces, noodles, breadsticks, salads, and a dessert table. Students will be getting a bus ride to and back from Prom, and they can bring a guest along with them.

“It’s really fun. It’s like planning a big party. Our goal is to make everyone happy, but it’s hard to please everyone. That’s why we always invite juniors and seniors to come to help us plan, so they can help really make decisions that they want to see. We really want it to be based on what the students want,” Prom coordinator Kimberly Vojcak said.

As of now, COVID restrictions are not in place at Prom. Masks will not be required, but are optional for students.

“So the first year of COVID we didn’t have Prom and last year we had Prom here, so it’s totally different than what we are used to. We still had a DJ, had some food and things but not as grand as we like, so this year we are going back to normal. We are going to an away place with food, dancing, and that’s all,” Grunloh said.

Tickets will be sold for $100 each until Friday, April 29 at 3 p.m. Photos will be taken at North in the fieldhouse at 5:30 p.m. Check in will be at 6 p.m. Buses will depart at 6:15 p.m. Prom is going to be from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.

“Tickets are $100. That includes a coach bus to and from the Prom, the dinner, DJ, and the event. Prom is from 7 to 10, so it’s 3 hours,” Vojcak said.

Masks won’t be required, but since the theme is midnight masquerade, students can bring fun masks to wear.

“Unless if something crazy happens with our numbers, you don’t have to wear a mask unless if you want to. You can wear the fun masks, but no there won’t be restrictions. You don’t have to be vaccinated. We are trying to keep it as normal as we can. There is no number limit,” Grunloh said. “This Friday (March 18, 2022) juniors and seniors will receive an email with the invitation and your ticket purchase link and information about it.”

For more information students can reach out to Jill Grunloh or Kimberly Vojcak.