The fall play kicks off the school year

On November 11, 12, 13 at 7:00 p.m., and Nov. 14 at 2:00 p.m, Green Room will be producing “Stealing Home” by Pat Cook.

It is the story of two crooks named Cecil and Pug who happen to break into a funeral home, and while they are there, they are trying to figure out if they can steal anything. Cecil is mistaken as the owner, Beulah’s, long lost son, Jimmmy, who has been missing for years.

“We had many students show up to auditions, which is great, and it’s always challenging to cast, especially making sure the students can read the lines and match up with others,” said director Clare McConville.

Here are the students that will be acting in North’s production of “Stealing Home”:
Seamus Green as CECIL
Graham Gatewood as PUG
Johnny Bleeker as DOUGHBERG
Brody Moormeier as BEULAH
Iva Vukovic as JOAN
Addison Kamilis as ZELDA
Siena Pietraszak as IMOGENE
Rory Dwyer as GRETCHEN
Sean McNicholas as HUNTER
Grace Merki as ANGELINA
Anahi Tenorio as PHOEBE

“I love Hunter so much. He’s so funny. Sometimes I’ll read my lines and just start laughing. It has been easy and hard to become the character. There are some moments when it’s hard to understand him, but also so much fun to play him,” said sophomore Sean McNicholas, Hunter.

The whole crew loves the play and has rehearsals almost every day after school. Sometimes getting into character can be easy, but it’s also a lot of hard work. It’s not just the actors putting in work; it’s also the lights, sound and stage crew.

“The play is coming out nicely. We have a new tech director, and he is the best I’ve ever had in this school. And the show itself is very entertaining. I’ve always been more into comedy, especially in high school,” said senior Alfie Pinkowski.

Everyone involved has been working hard, excited for the play that they are doing, and they all have a liking for their new technical director.

“We always have tech positions open. Ron Bowden is the tech director and head of our black box theater. He does the lights, sound, costumes and props. They meet on Fridays and Saturdays, and anyone is welcome,” McConville said.

Everyone in the theater has been working hard for months. They are all so happy to be able to have the fall play on time and in person again.