Seniors meet at the football field for the senior sunrise

Cheryl Jenkins

Seniors meet by the football field to watch the senior sunrise.

Senior sunrise was Friday, September 9 at 5:45 a.m. on the football field and the bleachers. Student Council provided coffee and donuts for the seniors that decided to come and wake up with the sun and their friends.

Many students enjoyed the senior sunrise and wouldn’t mind doing it again. 

“It was really fun. I really enjoyed it. It was nice to just hang out with my friends on the field and watch the sunrise,” said senior Kate Cimaglio.

“It was a great experience being in the bleachers looking at the sunrise with friends and going to the football field, laying down, and taking pictures,” said senior Michelle Lorenzano. 

“All my friends were doing it. I thought it would be a great opportunity to just hang out with my friends and watch the sunrise,” Cimaglio said. 

“I loved senior sunrise. It was a cool way to meet with friends outside of school and enjoy life. I liked the food and drinks. Coffee and donuts: can’t go wrong there. Something that stood out to me was the positive vibe and genuine friendship out there,” said senior Meg George. 

Many students enjoyed the coffee and donuts the school provided. They had many different options and flavors; however, some couldn’t enjoy the treats because of allergies. 

“It was really nice that they had coffee and donuts, especially because it was that early in the morning,” Lorenzano said.

“I couldn’t eat the food because of a food allergy but I loved the idea of coffee and donuts. It’s a perfect early morning treat,” said senior Elle Doninger. 

Eighty-two students were originally scheduled to come to the senior sunrise. Many students came in throughout the scheduled senior sunrise. 

“It would’ve been better if more people went, but I get it because it’s five in the morning, and a lot of people don’t like waking up that early in the morning,” Lorenzano said. 

Many students said that they would love the idea of another senior sunrise and some even suggested the school do a senior sunset as well.